You brush your teeth twice a day, which means a minimum of 4 minutes you spend on brushing every single day, make sure your toothbrush is clean from all the bacteria. And, this is what you are going to learn today. In this blog, we will go over how to sanitize toothbrush with DIY toothbrush sanitizing rinse.
Before we go into how to sanitize toothbrush, let’s first learn some tips for keeping our toothbrushes clean. According to ADA dentist Dr. Matthew Messina, after you finish brushing your teeth, always rinse toothpaste and anything else off the toothbrush very well with water. Tap it to take out the excess water and then put it standing upright so that it’s in the open air and not touching any other toothbrush or anything else in the bathroom.
Now, back to our homemade toothbrush sanitizing rinse recipe. The good thing is, you don’t even need to buy expensive products for this recipe because we are making it with the ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard.
Toothbrush Sanitizing Rinse Recipe:
1) 2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
2) 1/2 Cup of Water
3) A teaspoon of white vinegar
4) 20 Drops of Essential Oil (clove, thyme, bay or cinnamon)
- Dissolve 2 teaspoons of baking soda in 1/2 cup of water.
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar in it.
- The last step is to add approximately 20 drops of any antibacterial essential oil. I use clove, but you are free to use cinnamon or any other essential oil as well.
- Mix the rinse and store it in a spray bottle.
- Spray this solution on the toothbrush bristles and leave it.
- Wash with hot water before using the toothbrush again to remove the solution.
Note: Use this homemade toothbrush sanitizer after every time you brush your teeth.
It’s recommended by many dental professionals that one should replace his toothbrush every three to four months or sooner if the bristles are matted or frayed.
I hope you liked this quick recipe, follow the instructions, and sanitize your toothbrush right now!