How many of you have been hiding enlarged open pores on your face with makeup? Trying different beauty products to conceal your pores not only costs you many bugs, but their excessive or improper use can clog your pores and cause blemishes, pimples, or other skin problems.
For those who have less knowledge about these not-so-pleasant pores, let me tell you, those tiny holes you see on your skin surface are called pores, and they release oils and sweat.
What Causes Large Pores?
According to a 2016 published study, the three main reasons why the pores on your face are suddenly getting bigger are:
1) Excessive Sebum Production
Sebum is an oily substance that helps protect and moisturize your skin. However, excessive production of sebum may lead to oily skin, which means the pores on your face are prone to getting larger.
2) Loss Of Skin Elasticity
Your age correlates with pore size too. As we age, our bodies produce less collagen (the protein that provides structure to our body), causing the skin to lose its elasticity, and hence, our pores get more visible.
3) Increased Hair Follicle Size
Our skin contains millions of pores. Each pore contains a hair follicle and sebaceous glands that secrete an oil called sebum. When the pore at the end of the hair follicle becomes clogged with dirt or makeup, the volume of the follicle increases and causes the pore to stretch, hence making it look bigger.
Although it may not be possible to get rid of large pores, however, there are ways to treat large open pores naturally and minimize their appearance. Moreover, following this step by step guide will help you improve your skin and stop the pores on your face to become clogged.
Step By Step Guide To Treat Large Open Pores Naturally
STEP # 1
DIY Face Cleanser
- 1 Teaspoon Banana Peel
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti)
- 2 Teaspoons Cucumber Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Aloe Vera Gel
- Take a small cucumber piece and cut it into chunks. Place the cucumber chunks into a food processor/blender and run the machine until you get a pulpy mixture. Pour the cucumber mash into a strainer, and with the help of a spatula, gently stir the mash until no more juice is separating out.
- With the help of a spoon, scrape the inside of a banana peel.
- Add Aleo Vera gel, bentonite clay, rice powder, cucumber juice, milk, and banana peel to a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this cleanser on your face and gently massage in a circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Leave it to dry, and then wash your face with cold water.
Wash your face before applying this DIY face cleanser.
STEP # 2
- Brew a green tea bag in boiling water.
- After it cools down, pour it into an ice cube tray, and place it in the freezer.
- After using the cleanser, take one of the ice cubes, wrap it in a tissue paper or clean towel, and gently rub it on your face for 2 minutes.
STEP # 3
DIY Face Mask
1) 1 Egg White
2) 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Add one egg white and one teaspoon of lemon juice to a bowl. If you don’t want to add egg, you can replace it with honey.
- Whisk the mixture together thoroughly until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Apply this DIY mask on your face using a clean facial brush or cotton pad.
- Leave on for 15 minutes, and then wash it off with cold water.
STEP # 4
DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Spray
1) 1/4 Cup Water
2) 2 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix one-fourth cup of water and two teaspoons of ACV in a spray bottle.
- Shake to combine.
- Spray it on your after completing all the steps mentioned above.
How These Ingredients Help Shrink The Large Open Pores?
- Banana peel not only gives you well-nourished skin, but it helps to shrink the size of large open pores to a great extent.
- Cucumber keeps your skin hydrated because it’s high in moisture content. Moreover, it can be of great help for opening up the clogged pores.
- The lactic acid in milk helps to deep clean the open pores by sweeping away dead skin cells, oil, dirt, and makeup residue.
- Rice contains vitamins B1, C & E, which together can help to tighten the enlarged pores and give your skin a youthful look.
- Aloe vera is good for a lot of things, but it also works well when it comes to tightening the pores and cleansing the skin.
- Fuller’s earth is a natural cleanser and helps to treat large open pores on your face.
- Egg whites are well-known for treating enlarged pores as they have cleansing properties that help to reduce excess oil, tighten the skin, and prevent breakouts.
- Apple cider vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acids that help tighten pores and make them less visible.
- Lemon juice contains natural enzymes that can help tighten the skin and unclog the pores.
- If you struggle with blackheads, steam your face before applying this DIY face cleanser. Steam will help loosen up clogged pores and allow the cleanser to clean the dirt in the pores better.
- Use this remedy once a week until the size of your pores minimizes. After that, you can use this remedy once a month in order to prevent the pores from getting clogged.