According to Mintel, a global market intelligence agency, the Korean Beauty Market is among the top ten around the world, and I’m buying it because they are dropping new and exciting products at an astonishing rate keeping the standards high. Korean women have been stealing the limelight because of their smooth and glowing skin, and we couldn’t stop obsessing over it.
So, we at Positive Side tried to search about Korean Skincare Routine, and the natural ingredients they use in their beauty products to discover the secret behind their flawless skin.
While reading about it, we found out that rice water and potato are the key ingredients in the Korean Skincare routine. And, in this blog, you’ll learn how to use these ingredients to make your own Korean inspired Potato & Rice cream for crystal clear and wrinkle-free skin.
Many people have tried this before, and are pretty much satisfied with the results. That’s why we decided to share this recipe with you as well.
By now, we’ve read or heard a lot about potato and rice water benefits for the skin. Here’s a quick review;
Potato For Skin:
- It helps to brighten skin and lessen the appearance of dark spots.
- Applying potato on your face can help to remove blemishes and pimples.
- The vegetable works well to exfoliate your skin.
- Potatoes contain Vitamin C that helps to slow down the signs of aging.
Rice Water For Skin:
- It helps to soothe and tone your skin.
- Applying rice water on your face can treat acne, inflammation, rashes, and other skin conditions.
- Rice water also works to improve skin damage from the sun.
- Using rice water can help to diminish dark spots.
Homemade Potato & Rice Cream For Glowing Skin
- 3 tablespoons of Rice
- 1 small Potato
- 2 Vitamin E Capsules
- 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Almond Oil
- 8-10 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Rinse the rice, remove all the dirt, and soak it in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off the potato and cut it into small pieces.
- Take a container and add both the ingredients (rice and potato) into it.
- Next, add 2 cups of water into the same container and put it on medium flame.
- Cook it for 15-20 minutes to get a creamy consistency.
- Now, mash the mixture and strain it into a bowl with the help of a sieve/strainer.
- Add 2 Vitamin E capsules, 1 teaspoon of extra virgin Coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of Almond oil, and 8 to 10 drops of Lemon essential oil into it.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly, and it’s ready to use.
You can store it in a refrigerator for 1 week.
Not only will you get a glassy skin, but this homemade Potato & Rice cream will help you prevent signs of skin aging.
Did you like this recipe? Let us know in the comment section below!